Friday, October 22, 2010

Beginning of a New Chapter

Well today is the day! This is my last day of full time work! The decision to leave was not easy. There were many things that Chris and I considered. First and foremost was Reese. Right now we are so blessed to have my mom watch her on a daily basis and I know she is receiving the best care. In fact, when I stay home I know Reese will really miss her Gramma! However, I would really like to be there on a daily basis and have really missed that these last 3 months. Secondly we considered income. It is a HUGE step to take away a large chunk of your yearly income. We have been living the sweet life for so long, it was a big decision to take the plunge and enter a lifestyle where we will have to budget, but we know it will be worth it!
The last 3 months I kept looking for "signs" to see what would be right for us. Everything seemed to point toward me leaving my job. I love my job, I love my co-workers, I love the money I make, I love being successful, but I love my daughter more. I think things would be a little different if I had some flexibility to work at home a couple days a week, or the ability to go part time, however this is just not a option for me. When you factor in my 9 hour workday and commute on top of that, I only get to be with Reese a few hours a day, 5 days a week. That just wasn't cutting it for me, and we are so blessed to be in a position right now where we can make the choice for me to stay home.
So today I am dealing with the flood of emotions! I am happy, sad, nervous, and excited all rolled into one! I can't believe this is the last day, but it is also the start of a new chapter in my life. I don't know where this next year will take us, but I trust God that wherever we end up will be the right place for us!

2 comments:

  1. I am SO SO SO excited for you Deanna! I think this is so wonderful and I know you won't regret it. Yay for new beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a big step! I am so excited for you all!

    ReplyDelete