Monday, July 12, 2010

Lake Chelan

This weekend was our first mini vacation with Reese. Let me tell you, that car top carrier that we recently purchased was a MUST! We dropped Maiya and Cody off at "camp" (what we call their boarding place), and headed out of town with a very full car. I didn't even feel like I packed that much, but when you factor in my stuff, Reese's stuff, Chris' stuff and all the boating toys, it packs even an SUV to the brink! The drive over went pretty well. We stopped once in Leavenworth to eat lunch and feed Reese and other than that she pretty much slept the whole time. She did have one short meltdown after we put her back in her car seat after the stop. However, she figured it out about five minutes later and fell asleep for the rest of the ride. The weather in Chelan was gorgeous. It was in the high 90s to low 100s the whole weekend. We stayed in a beautiful condo with my parents, sisters, brother in law and nephew. The only downside to the vacation is that my sister came down with Mastitis the day we left. Unfortunately she spent the majority of the trip in bed. However, aside from that we had a great time boating, wine tasting and hanging out at the pool. Reese had her second trip on a boat and did fabulous. She just slept the whole time. She also loved the pool! When I first got in I thought it was just slightly cold, but Reese didn't even flinch. She just splashed around and enjoyed the cool water. I think we definitely have a water baby on our hands! Chris can't wait to get her out on the wake board one day! It was so nice to get out of town and spend some time in the hot sun. Traveling with a baby is definitely different though. You can't just do what you want to do when you want to do it! Normally I would spend all day in the sun, but with a baby who is not even old enough to have sunscreen on the, you really have to limit your time. Luckily I had a lot of babysitters this weekend so I was able to get a few moments to myself. I was really bummed when we had to leave on Sunday. Next time we are defiantly going to spend more time there! This trip also made me really excited to go to Hawaii which we will be doing next spring. I can't wait to watch Reese splash around on the beach! She is going to love it! Here are a couple pics from our trip!

1 comment:

  1. Just so we're clear...I'm not one of those babysitters in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete