Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Birthday to My Mom

My beautiful Mom Linda
Today my mom turns the big 5-0.  I am sure she is thrilled with my posting her age, but I see her as so young.  She had me at 23 after all and I was baby #2!  I look at all the things my mom has done for us over the years and feel so overwhelmed by her love and care.  She is the cornerstone of our family; the glue that binds everyone together.  She is the most selfless person I have ever met, and I can count on her for anything. She is always looking for ways to make me, and the rest of my family feel loved and cared for.  She puts her own needs aside, just to make our lives easier. I remember when we were young and she would get a gift card for her birthday or Christmas. I remember she would often spend them on us.  She would take us to the store and get those new jeans we "needed".  She mentored and guided us through the years, and always seemed to give just enough of a push. She was never overbearing, but always just enough to push you to the next level.  I quickly realized in my teenage years that the worst punishment was making her feel disappointed. That made me feel more remorseful that any restriction that I was given.
It is also the little things that my mom does. She will clean my house any time she comes over no matter how many times I tell her not to. She has surprised me the past several years by planting me spring flowers on my birthday to add some color to my front yard.  She came over weekly the last couple months of my pregnancy, and after Reese was born, to clean my house while I was at work. She watched Reese while I worked, no questions asked, no strings attached. I could go on and on.  It is these little things that make me feel so completely and fully loved by her.
 Having a baby has made me appreciate my mom even more.  You realize the emotions that go behind the actions, and it is amazing.  You realize the physical and emotional aspects of being a parent, nothing that you can experience or understand until you are one. Going through this has made me even more in awe of my mom.  I strive to be like her. If I can give Reese a small portion of what she has given me, I will have succeeded as a parent. I have had the best role model and am so thankful for the women she is and the women she will be. So happy birthday to my beautiful mommy who doesn't look a day over 30! I love you mom!
Leila, my Mom, and Me!
All the Sayegh girls

No comments:

Post a Comment