Tuesday, February 22, 2011

No Mama!

No Mama! These are the words I am getting ready to hear.  Last week while I was feeding Reese she began to shake her head when she was done. I thought this may have been a coincidence, just trying to get away from the spoon.  Well it turns out that she has associated the head shake with the word no.  I find this particularly funny because my good friend Angela attempted to teach this to Reese when she was about 4 months old.  Surprisingly she mimicked the head shake fairly well at the time, but of course didn't really know what it meant.  Well now she sure does! Not only does she shake her head no when she doesn't want food, but she will do it when she doesn't want to go to someone, or when she doesn't want to do something. I try not to laugh to encourage her, but it is so incredibly funny.  I have to say that I love watching her little personality develop. I think she is going to be a stubborn one! But as Chris says, "What do you expect when you cross a Palestinian and an Italian?"  Good point!
Reese also gave me the best gift on my birthday and took her first step.  It was just 1 step forward, but we were not holding onto her at all and she was freestanding when she took the step. I am so proud of her!  She has continued to walk with help and took 2 more steps on her own today. I know it is not going to be long know before she is running all over the place!  It is so much fun to watch!
Reese also got to have fun with her Gramma and Seedo this weekend. Chris and I went down to Seattle with our good friends Colt and Sheena for my and Sheena's birthday.  Sheena and I are a week apart and have spent just about every birthday together since we were 16!  The guys surprised us with a night at the Grand Hyatt and dinner at the Metropolitan Grill. It was so much fun and the Chateaubriand was better than I remember! We had such a blast celebrating and we feel so fortunate that Reese has a great place to stay and gets spoiled by her grandparents.  On Sunday morning we had breakfast at Top Pot doughnuts.  They have the best chocolate cake doughnuts ever, and those just happen to be my favorite! We enjoyed celebrating my my mom and my birthday with the family Sunday night at Barrio.  It was a great weekend topped off by Chris having the day off on Monday.  I can't believe another year has passed and Reese's first birthday is next month! I am soaking up every moment! Even if she is going to start telling me no!

Here is a picture dump from the past month. Enjoy!
Reese at swim lessons


More swim lessons

Gearing up for spring!

Reese loves her cousin Luke!

Peek a boo!

Kiss me Luke!
She loves being nakey!

Getting drinks at the Tap House before our birthday dinner


Dolled up for a night on the town

Don't even ask!





No comments:

Post a Comment