Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy 3 month birthday Reese!


Wow, does time fly or what? I can't believe that 3 months ago today at this time I was debating with Chris whether or not my back ache was really contractions or not. That would begin the world wind day that would wind up with our daughter being born 5 1/2 hours later! How can your life change so much in such a short amount of time? Not only have we transformed from a couple into a family in these 3 short months, but we have also experienced so many parenthood changes as well. We made it through the newborn phase! Reese is so much of a person now it is unbelievable. She no longer sleeps all day oblivious to the world around her. Now she is very much engaged with everything. She smiles, she coos, she rolls, she grasps, she squeals; all of which any mother would admit are heart melting! The other day she even reached out for me when someone else was holding her. Talk about melting your heart! This is not to say that the very beginning of parenthood is not exciting because it is! So many new things to experience, but it really does just keep getting better. It is so exciting to watch my girl morph into a little person. Yes, she still has a LONG way to go, but it is amazing how fast they change and develop. It teaches you to cherish every single minute with your child. Every time Reese does something new I jump and cheer for her and encourage her to do it again, but at the same time I have to admit I am also a bit sad. I never thought I, of all people would feel like that. Those who know me well are all to familiar with my knack of being very emotionally grounded. In fact, I was told on several occasions that I was the "most unemotional pregnant person ever". I can't help it, I just don't let things get under my skin that easily. I never thought I would be the parent that is going to cry at my kids pre-school graduation, but now I realize I will, and am totally ok with that. When you become a parent life becomes a bit more beautiful.

I know, I know, enough of my blubbering. On I lighter note I thought I would give my "mom opinion" on the top 10 items that have gotten me through these past 3 months. Here they are in no particular order:


1. The Bob- This is the only stroller I own! It is amazing! It adapts with many carseats so you can just snap in and go. It is great to run with, but the wheel also pivots so it is easy to use crowded spaces. It is a lifesaver!




2. Bebe Au Lait Nursing Cover (Also known as Hooter Hider)- A nursing cover is also a must have if you are breastfeeding. This way you can feed the baby anywhere and stay covered up while looking stylish at the same time. This
particular cover is great for the wire at the top so you can see the baby at all times.

3. The Ergo Baby- This is my favorite baby carrier. It holds kids up to 35lbs (not that I would be packing a kid that big!). It can be a front carrier, side carrier or backpack. It has a great ergonomic design so you don't strain your back. For me the fit and comfort is superior to the popular bjorn


4. Swaddle By Designs Blanket- If you do your own swaddle this is the best blanket. Reese can break out of most things, but this blanket is the best. It holds tight and is a large size so it will grow with your baby. Not to mention it comes in super cute patterns too!



5. Space Saver High Chair- I love this high chair because it fits right onto your own chairs so that you don't have to store a big high chair. It reclines too which is great, Reese has been able to sit at the table with us since she was a newborn.



6. Co-Sleeper- I love this! It attaches right onto your bed so you can just lift up and slide your baby over in the night to feed them. It doubles as a play yard too so you can still use it when your baby is no longer in your room.




7. Bravado Nursing Tank- I was a little skeptical about paying the $40 bucks for this tank but it was so worth it. Not only really cute, it is great quality. It is literally the support of a bra. I also have many of the cheaper target tanks and they don't hold a candle to this one! It have it in white and black. It is fabulous! You feel totally comfortable wearing this out on its own.


8. Belly Bandit- I wore this for 6 weeks postpartum. I was back into non maternity cloths the week Reese was born and I believe it was due to this. "Trains" your tummy to stay in again. It won't tone your belly, but gives you a jump start on getting your shape back.


9. "Lose Your Mummy Tummy" book- This book is the best. It shows you core exercises pre and post pregnancy to get your pre-pregnancy stomach back. It helps fix diastasis, which most women get during pregnancy (separation of the abdominal muscles). I don't notice much (still a little way to go) of a difference between my stomach now and before I got pregnant and I owe it to this book!



10. Maclaren Bouncer- Or any bouncer really. This thing is a lifesaver. Reese loves to sit and vibrate in this while I shower and get ready. I just keep it in my bathroom!


Well those are my top for now. I am sure I will come across more as Reese uses more things!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Reese! Can't wait to have a ladies lunch tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post. I don't think you are emotionally unattached, because that would be saying I am, since we are pretty similar in that respect. At least you can acknowledge the fact that you are changing and turning into a full-fledged mom. Now, if only you would throw up at some point like ordinary people.

    ReplyDelete