Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Today is father's day. This is a particularly big day for my family since today we celebrate Chris' first father's day. For the past 8 years he has been the world to me, he is the love of my life and is the most amazing father to our baby girl. He provides for me in more ways than I could ever imagine. When I am sad he makes me happy, when I am weak he gives me strength, when I need someone to talk to he listens and makes everything OK. However, my favorite thing about Chris is the way he makes me laugh. Chris can make me laugh about anything. I love that after eight years I still think that he is hysterical, well most the time anyways. When Chris walks into a room he lights it up. He has this gift of relating to anyone. He can find common ground with a perfect stranger. Reese is so fortunate to have such a great daddy. I already see so much of Chris in her. Particularly when she smiles. Lately Reese has been just a bundle of smiles. As I am trying to put her down at night now she will smile at me, what a manipulator! How can you put your baby to bed when she is giving you the worlds biggest grin. She definitely learned that skill from her daddy. It's like how Chris will make me laugh when I am trying my hardest to stay mad at him! I hope that Reese will be just as fun loving, caring, generous and amazing as her daddy. Happy father's day Chris, you mean the world to your family and we are so lucky to have you in our lives each day!











I am also so lucky to have such a fabulous father of my own. My Baba (daddy in Arabic) is the
first man of my life. He is the most honest and generous man you will ever meet. He is always trying to take care of me, even to this day when I am pretty capable of taking care of myself. He has always put his children first in everything. He has worked extremely hard his whole life in order to provide for his family and give us the world. My Baba has set such an example to me to put others first and have a servants heart. I love you Baba, happy Father's Day! (by the way that is me and my dad, not Reese!)


Happy father's day too to all the dads out there! You are such a blessing to your families!













No comments:

Post a Comment