Friday, June 11, 2010

June 11, 2010- My First Post!

Well I did it! I have wanted to start a blog for a while. Not only to share our journey with others, but to have a outlet for my love of writing. I have always been a writer at heart, and now I have a place to do it. My plan for this blog is quite undecided. I think you will find a variety of things here, like what I am doing in my day to day life, my take on life in general, or even just what I thought of last night's episode of the bachelor. Who knows! I figure that even if no one reads this, I have an archive of memories over the years which is always fun to go back and revisit. I feel that my life is so full right now and can't wait to document it along the way. So here it goes...


This week has been somewhat of a wake up call for me. I am 11 weeks into my maternity leave and have 7 left. It has gone by so fast. I can't believe it. I think it is so cliche to say that time flies, but it does. I think as we get older too it goes by even faster and especially when life is so sweet as it has been these past 11 weeks. Motherhood has seemed to fit me like a glove. I remember there was a time when I could not imagine caring for a small person. I knew I always wanted to be a mom, but was definitely not ready until recently. Chris and I enjoyed being young and responsible for only ourselves. Even during pregnancy I wondered how motherhood would fit me. Would it be a day to day struggle? Would I enjoy it? The moment Reese was born I decided I was born to be a mom. I enjoy every part of motherhood. I am not saying that it is always easy, but you can find beauty in everything, even if it is changing a poopy diaper. As mothers we get to create a person, a new life. I pick up Reese sometimes and am so marveled that my body created her. She is a part of me and I feel it to my core. How life changes in only 11 weeks! As I see friends going through pregnancy I can't help but be so excited for them. Soon they will experience what I have and I am thrilled for them. You realized how special life is and how beautiful it is in the most simple moments...

3 comments:

  1. Who is going to proof all of your posts for typos? Don't worry, I'll read this in my ample free time. You should have actually gotten a real domain name. I have www.jonholcomb.com which was supposed to be for blogging but I got lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you guys started a blog! I'm follower #2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, by the way, it's Holcombs not Holcomb's :D
    Check out that value add.

    ReplyDelete