Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Little Spring Fashion Please!

Well I think Spring is finally in the air. At least in the fashion world.  I have been itching for bright colored clothing. I think my upcoming trip to Hawaii in May is silently at the forefront of my mind and all I can dream about are shorts, maxi-dresses and swim wear!  I love how the stores are full of this stuff even though it is still barely 50 degrees out (on a good day!).  Despite waiting for the weather to catch up, it is still fun to get into the spring mood. I bought myself a pair of some fun spring shoes with birthday money and can't wait to put them to good use. I am a sucker for a wedge and thought these were adorable.  Similar to a boat shoe, but a little more fun. Love em! I am also loving the long flowy dresses that are coming out this spring.  There is something so simple, yet beautiful about a long dress.  I love this one, but don't think I have the height to pull it off. Well, I am sure some lucky 5'10 soul will look great in it.  I have a few friends who come to mind! 

This spring has a lot of fun waiting for us! We have Reese's birthday coming up in the next few weeks and I can't believe it!  It is so weird to think that I was very pregnant this time last year.  Even though time has flown by, it does feel like forever since I was pregnant. It is amazing how quickly you forget!  Now we have a WALKING little girl, not even a baby!  She is taking to walking pretty slowly, but it is so fun to watch her get more and more confident with it each day. Just this weekend she took a few steps without Chris or I coaxing her.  I just watched out of the corner of my eye as she attempted to walk toward her little car.  One step, two step, three...CRASH!  Luckily her low center of gravity has prevented many tears. It is hard to believe she is pretty much a toddler now!  I was listening to my Taylor Swift Cd the other day and fell in love with the song "Never Grow Up". This first verse really hits home to how I am feeling right about now (OK I am going to be super sappy and quote the part I love).


"Your little hands wrapped around my finger
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter 'cause you're dreaming
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light

To you, everything's funny
You got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that

Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little
Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
It could stay this simple

I won't let nobody hurt you
Won't let no one break your heart
No, no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up, never grow up"

Despite my unrealistic wish, I know she is growing up, and I know that it is going to keep getting more fun! I can't wait to watch her run around on the beaches in Maui and get out more as the weather begins to turn around!  So for now we girls plan our wardrobe and look forward to the fun that is to come! Starting with a birthday in a few weeks. 

Here is a spring "fashion" shoot we did the other day. Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment